A couple of years ago I got a Forge World dreadnought in a trade on bartertown, when I got it, it was damaged. Not so damaged that I couldn’t fix it but enough that I didn’t want to put forth the effort. A lot of pinning and shaving and replacing with brass rod was in store for this model but it would look pretty sweet when it was all said and done.
This morning while my internet was out I finally got cracking on it. I had to shave off the resin rod between what would be the pelvis and the hip, and replace them with brass rod. Then I had to bust out some guitar string and replace the hoses that hang down. So now the lower half is fixed.
Next stop is the upper body that needs a lot of work on the exhaust pipes in back, which don’t line up at all. A little green stuff here and there and some plasticard pipe and it will be good as new. And in the case of those hip joints, better than new.
The Forge World Dreadnought’s adventure continues.